What We Support
Here are some of the ways we work with the region`s post-secondary institutions, graduates, researchers, and businesses to help create jobs in our region and share knowledge:
- Sponsoring entrepreneurship centres and/or tech transfer centres at post-secondary institutions.
- Providing matching contribution toward student internships focused on current business recovery needs such as digital adaptation, social media, market research, etc. eg. MITACS.
- Hosting an annual get-together of post-secondary partners to discuss expanding links to industry and share best practices in entrepreneurship support.
- Providing matching contributions toward student applied research projects for industry.
We work directly with the Post-Secondary Institutions to build these solutions. Contact us if you want to learn more.
Post-Secondary Institutions in Our Region
With this funding stream, ETSI-BC helps enhance the development of local talent by supporting entrepreneurship development, and partnerships between post-secondary institutions and businesses. Our goal is to:
- Invest in educational programming at post-secondary institutions that are focused on practical business applications and encourages entrepreneurship.
- Support regional research projects that connect post-secondary and industry and help develop practical skills of local students and recent graduates.
These are the post-secondary institutions in our region that we work with:
- College of the Rockies
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- Okanagan College
- Selkirk College
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia