What We Support
Here are some of the ways we work with the region`s post-secondary institutions, graduates, researchers, and businesses to help create jobs in our region and share knowledge:
- Sponsoring entrepreneurship centres and/or tech transfer centres at post-secondary institutions.
- Providing matching contribution toward student internships focused on current business recovery needs such as digital adaptation, social media, market research, etc. eg. MITACS.
- Hosting an annual get-together of post-secondary partners to discuss expanding links to industry and share best practices in entrepreneurship support.
- Providing matching contributions toward student applied research projects for industry.
We work directly with the Post-Secondary Institutions to build these solutions. Contact us if you want to learn more.
Post-Secondary Institutions in Our Region
With this funding stream, ETSI-BC helps enhance the development of local talent by supporting entrepreneurship development, and partnerships between post-secondary institutions and businesses. Our goal is to:
- Invest in educational programming at post-secondary institutions that encourages entrepreneurship and work-integrated learning.
- Support regional research projects that connect post-secondary and industry and help develop practical skills of local students and recent graduates.
These are the post-secondary institutions in our region that we work with:
- College of the Rockies
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- Okanagan College
- Selkirk College
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia
A RFP is issued annually to the post secondary institutions.
Growing the Southern Interior through Research Partnerships
ETSI-BC is pleased to again partner with Mitacs in FY2024 to fund internships involving public post-secondary institutions and municipalities, businesses, non-profits, Indigenous, and community research partners in the ETSI-BC service area.
This Call for Expressions of Interest is meant to help address challenges or opportunities that will lead to economic and community development and create pathways for students and graduates to find meaningful employment in the region.