In this funding stream, we focus on supporting smaller/rural communities to build economic development capacity and support regional partnerships in economic development throughout the Southern Interior. We hope to serve as a catalyst for new economic development initiatives, and we know that sometimes a community needs a first-in funder to seed projects and encourage other funders. Our goal is to:
- Enhance the capacity of southern interior communities to fulfill their economic development aspirations and knowledge.
- Support local and regional economic development projects within the Southern Interior.
- Facilitate strategic partnerships and encourage collaboration between communities and economic development agencies.
Our Funding Intakes will generally be of three main types:
SMALL SCALE PROJECTS (up to $15K)
Priority given to communities with < 5,000 residents.
LARGE SCALE PROJECTS (up to $50K)
Priority given to communities with
< 25,000 residents.
To encourage collaboration between local governments and First Nations, as well as cross-regional initiatives.
Small Scale project applicants may be eligible to receive up to $15,000 to a maximum of 100% of the project budget. Large Scale project applicants may be eligible to receive up to $50,000 to a maximum of 50% of the project budget. Collaborative project applicants may be eligible to receive up to $50,000 to a maximum of 60% of the project budget.
Eligible Applicants for funding include:
- Local governments (municipalities and regional districts) and their associated economic development organizations
- Indigenous communities and their associated economic development organizations
- Non-Profit Business Support organizations serving the region, such as:
- Other Economic Development organizations
- Industry Associations
- Accelerators and Cooperative Groups
Depending on the Intake, projects eligible for funding may include:
- Economic development planning, feasibility assessments, research, grant writing support to access funding sources which leverage ETSI-BC funding by a factor of 10
- Business retention and expansion initiatives
- Business engagement initiatives
- Developing Business diversification and investment-ready strategies
- Key Industry sector analysis/development
- Community economic revitalization
- Collaborative regional planning and/or business/investment attraction projects
- Cost-sharing of economic development interns to help implement new projects
From time to time, ETSI-BC will support other Economic Development initiatives. Click HERE to see examples of other supported activities.
Click on the following links to learn more.
- CLICK HERE to read the Application Guide
- CLICK HERE to view the Info Session Recording
- CLICK HERE to view the Info Session Presentation