Who We Serve

Our service area spans a large and diverse territory ranging from Hope in the west, Clearwater in the north, the Alberta border to the east, and the US border to the south.

This area encompasses 9 Regional Districts, 33 First Nations, more than 53 incorporated municipalities, and many unincorporated communities with over 750,000 residents in total. Of these, about 325,000 live in urban areas (with populations over 25,000) and the remaining 375,000 residents live in rural communities, of which 55% are in the Thompson-Okanagan area, and the other 45% are in the Columbia-Kootenay-Boundary region.

The ETSI-BC Service Area

Communities

We serve the people and communities (both incorporated or unincorporated), in this entire area, except in the Fraser Valley and Thompson-Nicola Regional Districts, where our area is as noted below. For reference, the names of the larger communities and First Nations are listed below.

THOMPSON-OKANAGAN REGION

ʔakisq’nuk First Nation
ʔaqam First Nation
Adams Lake Band
Boothroyd Band
Boston Bar First Nation
Chawathil First Nation
Coldwater Band
Lower Kootenay First Nation
Lower Nicola Band
Lower Similkameen Band
Neskonlith Band
Nooaitch Band
Okanagan Band
Osoyoos Band
Penticton Band
Peters First Nation
Shuswap First Nation
Shxw’ow’hamel First Nation
Simpcw First Nation
Skawahlook First Nation
Skeetchestn Band
Skwlax te Secwepemculecw (Little Shuswap) Band
Splatsin First Nation
Spuzzum First Nation
Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc
Union Bar First Nation
Upper Nicola Band
Upper Simalkameen
Westbank First Nation
Whispering Pines/Clinton Band
Yale First Nation
Yaq’it ʔa·knuqⱡi ‘it (Tobacco Plains) First Nation

Falkland
Salmon Arm
Sicamous
Area C, D, E, F, G

Hope
Electoral Areas A & B

Armstrong
Coldstream
Enderby
Lumby
Spallumcheen
Vernon

Cawston
Keremeos
Okanagan Falls
Oliver
Osoyoos
Penticton
Princeton
Summerland

Barriere
Chase
Clearwater
Kamloops
Merritt
Sun Peaks Mountain Resort
Electoral Areas A, B, J, L, M, N, O & P

Kelowna
West Kelowna
Lake Country
Peachland
West Electoral Area
East Electoral Area

COLUMBIA-KOOTENAY REGION

?Akisq’nuk (Columbia Lake)
?Aqam (St. Mary’s)
Lower Kootenay Band
Shuswap
Sinixt
Tobacco Plains

Golden
Revelstoke
Area A & B

Canal Flats
Cranbrook
Elkford
Fernie
Invermere
Kimberley
Radium Hot Springs
Sparwood

Castlegar
Creston
Kaslo
Nakusp
Nelson
New Denver
Salmo
Silverton
Slocan

Fruitvale
Grand Forks
Greenwood
Midway
Montrose
Rossland
Trail
Warfield