The Economic Trust of the Southern Interior BC (ETSI-BC) recognizes the importance of inter-community ground transportation service to the economic and social needs of residents in BC’s Southern Interior. Thanks to financial support from the Province of BC, through the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI), ETSI-BC commissioned the Regional Ground Transportation Study outlining the issues and opportunities and we are now pleased to offer the Regional Transportation Enhancement (RTE) funding program.
The Regional Transportation Enhancement (RTE) Program provides non-repayable grants to help enhance transportation plans, partnerships, technology, service communication and seasonal connections between communities in the Southern Interior of BC. A primary focus of this funding program is enhancing transportation opportunities in Indigenous, smaller and more rural communities that may currently have little or no transportation access.
A total of $650,000.00 is available to fund projects with an end date of October 15, 2024. The following three funding streams form part of the RTE Program.
Applications will be accepted beginning September 18, 2023 until October 18, 2023
- The first step in applying for funding under this program is to CLICK HERE to read the August 2023 Regional Ground Transportation Study.
- CLICK HERE to download the Application Guide.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW: access the Application Form and the budget templates for each funding stream.
There are three funding streams in this program. Eligible applicants may apply under one or more of these funding streams:
RTE 1 – Planning & Partnership Development
- Supports planning studies and partnership development in support of improving transportation options and addressing transportation gaps.
RTE 2 – Technology & Service Communication
- Supports the delivery of technology and service communication initiatives to improve how transportation options are operated and or communicated.
RTE 3 – Seasonal Service Delivery/Expansion
- Supports the delivery of seasonal service and/or expansion to existing local, regional, or inter-regional ground passenger transportation services within the Southern Interior.
For more information:
Applications will be accepted up to October 18, 2023 at 4 pm Pacific Time. To submit your application and all required documents, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.